Protect resourcepack server

larissagumer55

Forums Assistant

Status

Resources

Bits Credits

LEVEL

2,285 XP

I would like some tips to prevent people from getting the resourcepack from your server, or at least make it difficult for people to get it.

I know it's impossible, but at least make it as difficult as possible, does anyone have any ideas?

Liked by:

FateKid

DEVIL DID IT

Admin

Status

Resources

Bits Credits

LEVEL

5,910 XP

While it's generally impossible to protect against such thing, you can take some steps to protect your files. I'd recommend keeping backups of your work, you'll want them down the line if you ever revert or need the originals.

1. File Naming Convention​

You can change the way you're naming specific files to follow a more random naming convention. Make sure to correctly reference any of these changes in your JSON for things such as audio, languages, animations, and others.

2. Pack Encryption / Decryption​

You can encrypt and decrypt your resourcepacks, although this is more advanced. You'd need to create or find a mod in which the user would install as well, providing the ability to read / decrypt the resourcepack from an authorized source. Watch out, FateKid might come snooping to try and break it ;)

There are tons of different things you can try, file stuffing, etc. It's all up to how far you're willing to go.

larissagumer55

Forums Assistant

Status

Resources

Bits Credits

LEVEL

2,285 XP

While it's generally impossible to protect against such thing, you can take some steps to protect your files. I'd recommend keeping backups of your work, you'll want them down the line if you ever revert or need the originals.

1. File Naming Convention​

You can change the way you're naming specific files to follow a more random naming convention. Make sure to correctly reference any of these changes in your JSON for things such as audio, languages, animations, and others.

2. Pack Encryption / Decryption​

You can encrypt and decrypt your resourcepacks, although this is more advanced. You'd need to create or find a mod in which the user would install as well, providing the ability to read / decrypt the resourcepack from an authorized source. Watch out, FateKid might come snooping to try and break it ;)

There are tons of different things you can try, file stuffing, etc. It's all up to how far you're willing to go.
thanks for your tips.

Liked by:

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanatosx
Top Bottom