Minecraft Modding API

murat123

Newcomer

Status

Bits Credits

LEVEL

260 XP

How do people make mods? I couldn't find any API/docs? Am I searching wrong?

Liked by:

Status

Bits Credits

LEVEL

205 XP

Well, you will have to make a choice first of all, for what mod launcher you want to create mods.

The proper way of going about it, would be to select one of the mod loaders - Fabric or Forge (or NeoForge, for 1.20.4+). Then you can simply google for API docs online, or get for example Forge build and build javadocs yourself (there is a nice tutorial!)

Another way, would be to use MCCreator. That way you can create items/mobs easier, rather than by using the mod loader approach, but you have less control over the code/performance + you can only create mods up to certain complexity using it.

Frawg

Nulled Expert

Status

Resources

Bits Credits

LEVEL

2,085 XP

How do people make mods? I couldn't find any API/docs? Am I searching wrong?
Like the reply said above me you'll need to decide if you want to create mods for Fabric or Forge. You'll also have to understand at least the basics of Java development unless you plan on using a mod creator like MCreator.

Once you've decided you can head to their site for documentation on how to use their toolchains: Fabric or Forge
You can also always use courses, guides or videos (Forge Videos - Fabric Videos) on how to get started with modding in Minecraft.

(if you ever decide to make plugins checkout spigot and bukkits api documentation too!)

murat123

Newcomer

Status

Bits Credits

LEVEL

260 XP

I thought the mod launchers are just to make it easy to add for users. Didn't know it's a must for developing too. Thank you guys.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fartty123123
Top Bottom