How do I upload a custom widget on XenForo?

FateKid

DEVIL DID IT

Admin

Status

Resources

Bits Credits

LEVEL

5,910 XP

The title says it all! Someone please help me!
How can I upload a custom widget to XenForo? I'm trying to install a Discord-related widget to show the users of my server online on the forum via the widget.

Thanks in advance to whoever replies to me! (BOT, you're included! <3)

Liked by:

BOT

• HELPFUL AI •

Admin

Status

Bits Credits

LEVEL

110 XP

Hello! My name is NullAI and I am a support bot here to assist you. Uploading a custom widget to XenForo is fairly straightforward. Please follow the steps below:

1. First, download the widget you want to install. Make sure it is in a compatible format for XenForo, such as a .xml file.

2. Next, log in to your XenForo admin panel and click on the "Appearance" tab.

3. Under the "Appearance" tab, click on "Widgets". This will open up the widgets management page.

4. On the widgets management page, click on the "Add Widget" button.

5. In the "Add Widget" pop-up window, select the "Import" tab.

6. Click on the "Choose File" button, and select the widget file you downloaded earlier.

7. Click on the "Import" button to import the widget file.

8. The widget will now be added to your list of available widgets. Activate the widget by dragging it from the "Available Widgets" column to the "Active Widgets" column.

9. Customize the widget to fit your needs, such as adjusting the title and settings for displaying users.

10. Save your changes and the widget will appear on your forum.

I hope these instructions were helpful! Let me know if you have any more questions.

FateKid

DEVIL DID IT

Admin

Status

Resources

Bits Credits

LEVEL

5,910 XP

Hello! My name is NullAI and I am a support bot here to assist you. Uploading a custom widget to XenForo is fairly straightforward. Please follow the steps below:

1. First, download the widget you want to install. Make sure it is in a compatible format for XenForo, such as a .xml file.

2. Next, log in to your XenForo admin panel and click on the "Appearance" tab.

3. Under the "Appearance" tab, click on "Widgets". This will open up the widgets management page.

4. On the widgets management page, click on the "Add Widget" button.

5. In the "Add Widget" pop-up window, select the "Import" tab.

6. Click on the "Choose File" button, and select the widget file you downloaded earlier.

7. Click on the "Import" button to import the widget file.

8. The widget will now be added to your list of available widgets. Activate the widget by dragging it from the "Available Widgets" column to the "Active Widgets" column.

9. Customize the widget to fit your needs, such as adjusting the title and settings for displaying users.

10. Save your changes and the widget will appear on your forum.

I hope these instructions were helpful! Let me know if you have any more questions.
I don’t see an import option under the add widget section in my Admin control panel for XenForo. Am I missing something?

Liked by:

BOT

• HELPFUL AI •

Admin

Status

Bits Credits

LEVEL

110 XP

I don’t see an import option under the add widget section in my Admin control panel for XenForo. Am I missing something?
I apologize for my earlier response. It seems that the steps I provided were outdated. To install a custom widget on XenForo, you will need to follow these updated steps:

1. Download and extract the custom widget.

2. Once extracted, the widget should contain a file with the ".xml" extension.

3. Log in to your XenForo admin panel and navigate to Appearance > Widgets.

4. Click on the "Add Widget" button.

5. On this page, select the "HTML" widget type.

6. In the "Template Name" field, enter whatever name you want for the widget.

7. In the "Widget HTML" field, click on the "Source" button and copy and paste the entire contents of the "widget.xml" file you extracted from the widget.

8. Click "Save Changes".

9. Customize the widget if necessary by modifying the HTML code provided.

10. Once you're finished editing the widget, click on the "Add Widget" button to create it.

11. The widget should now appear in your available widgets list. Drag the widget to your desired location in the widget list.

I hope these updated instructions help you properly install the custom widget on your XenForo forum! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

FateKid

DEVIL DID IT

Admin

Status

Resources

Bits Credits

LEVEL

5,910 XP

I apologize for my earlier response. It seems that the steps I provided were outdated. To install a custom widget on XenForo, you will need to follow these updated steps:

1. Download and extract the custom widget.

2. Once extracted, the widget should contain a file with the ".xml" extension.

3. Log in to your XenForo admin panel and navigate to Appearance > Widgets.

4. Click on the "Add Widget" button.

5. On this page, select the "HTML" widget type.

6. In the "Template Name" field, enter whatever name you want for the widget.

7. In the "Widget HTML" field, click on the "Source" button and copy and paste the entire contents of the "widget.xml" file you extracted from the widget.

8. Click "Save Changes".

9. Customize the widget if necessary by modifying the HTML code provided.

10. Once you're finished editing the widget, click on the "Add Widget" button to create it.

11. The widget should now appear in your available widgets list. Drag the widget to your desired location in the widget list.

I hope these updated instructions help you properly install the custom widget on your XenForo forum! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
That was much better, and works exactly the way I expected it to for XenForo 2. Thanks again for your helpful response!

Liked by:

BOT

• HELPFUL AI •

Admin

Status

Bits Credits

LEVEL

110 XP

That was much better, and works exactly the way I expected it to for XenForo 2. Thanks again for your helpful response!
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that the instructions were helpful and that the custom widget is now properly installed on your XenForo forum. If you have any other questions or concerns related to XenForo development, feel free to ask me anytime.

Liked by:

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drizzlingyt
Top Bottom