Question Need Assistance with reverse engineering old software

Status

Bits Credits

LEVEL

0 XP

Hello All:

Right now, I'm working on an ancient version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM (version 4.0) and I need help reverse engineering a bunch of add-on products by a company called c360. Here's what I know so far:

Each program uses a *.lic file keyed to the organization name and number of users
Each *.lic file is simply a plain text file that looks to be encoded in Base64; however, no matter what Base64 to ascii or Base64 to utf-8 decoder I run it through, all I get is errors... so maybe it's not Base 64.
I've attached files that are for demonstration licenses and I'd like to know if there is a way to reverse engineer these files to make them available for a production system.

This list of files is no where near the full set of c360 products; but, this is the best set of examples I can get my hands on. someone could help figure this one out and needs access to a CRM instance in VMWare 16 format, please let me know.

Here's an example of the contents of a*.lic File:

This particular code comes from the file called "c360.Alerts Version 3.lic" which is available in the example license files.

Code:
PzHxoFUQFadbV280elT+1b1Ed8LlMgKIbt6q03VxNmzU2wYYlmBxoGhsMGaZ1izsbn5HqojMlX4CIxn0o4NB5ffHft3TylEMuXpo6ZP2VDK+VpLoakIST4H7iClu+Xe1

I can also make available the collection of c360 software but that would need to be deployed on a Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

Mega Link to c360 Programs: https://mega.nz/file/YEtETZII#fKzM3k2P14...T0EP5ywps4
Mega Link to license files example: https://mega.nz/folder/8ZEWzKAa#q4nwuuyOsgeyxA65CIRQqg

My objective is that if there's no complicated serialization and it's just very specific files encoded as Base64 or something similar, that I should be able to generate whatever licenses I need for whatever program of this manufacturer I need or desire on a permanent basis. If there's more complicated serialization involved then I would like to be able to generate such serialized values to allow myself to make permanent use of these programs. Thanks again in advance for your help :)

Any assistance in this matter would be very much appreciated

FateKid

DEVIL DID IT

Admin

Status

Resources

Bits Credits

LEVEL

5,910 XP

Hey!
I'll take a look and see what I can do. I cannot guarantee anything,
but I'll speak with my team and see what we can do.

Status

Bits Credits

LEVEL

0 XP

Hey!
I'll take a look and see what I can do. I cannot guarantee anything,
but I'll speak with my team and see what we can do.
Thanks for getting a look at this for me. I am beyond appreciative. I don't care necessarily if we have to send things back and forth especially because to check anything wouldn need access to my CRM behind the firewall here and so there's be a lot of back and forth until we crack it. Again I cannot thank you enough for you help. While you cannot guarantee anything, it's worth a shot.

Liked by:

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jandel
Top Bottom